I’ve been so busy sewing things for the house and the little bub that I totally neglected sewing for myself! I had this pattern drawn and hatched for the longest time ever but I just hadn’t found the time to stitch them all up.
The title of this post pretty much sums up what this make is all about. It’s fully lined, which is not the first but something I’ve not done in a really long while. And sleeveless to beat this heat, and the best part, no zips. Yay!
Pattern: Remember this dress? This dress has been a staple in my closet since eons ago and I have wore it so so so many times. I really love it and I’m thinking I ought to replicate this soon in another colour another print and perhaps at midi length. I really wanted to use up this fabric and thought it would make a great midi dress in this pattern. Unfortunately I didn’t have enough fabric for a dress. So I modified it to a blouse instead. This pattern is self drafted, I started from a basic bodice pattern, cut in at the shoulders and extended the side seams and bottom to have some ease and flare.
Fabric: I don’t really know what fabric this is, the front piece is probably a cotton voile? It’s lightweight and slightly sheer and drapes pretty well. It’s turquoise in colour in houndstooth prints. Lining I’ve used here is a rayon fabric.
Construction: I polled the Singapore Spolettes on the best way to line my garment. And I decided on sewing the 2 fabric like it’s one. So I pin the main fabric and lining together first before running the edges through the serger. Then I pin both serged pieces (meaning 4 pieces of material) and sew the seams. And thereafter attach the facing for the neckline and armhole, hem, insert a press stud for the back and it’s done.
This material is less obedient as compared to pure cotton which is stiffer, so while I tried giving it a good hard press, it’s hard to keep the facing down all the time. Hmm, if you have any tips for keeping it drown, I’ll love to hear about it.